Find targeted technical information on engineering and process technology topics
With so many sources of technical information, how can engineers stay current with the latest research, patents, news, and technology in their fields? Engineering Village is a web-based information service that offers a wide range of quality abstract and index databases and reference resources to address the needs of engineers, scientists, and researchers.
Multiple databases reside on the Engineering Village platform:
- Compendex is the most comprehensive bibliographic database of scientific and technical engineering research available, covering all engineering disciplines. It covers peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings and trade publications.
- Ei (Engineering Information) Patents comprises millions of patents from the US Patent and Trademark Office and European Patent Office. This database can be cross-searched with other databases on Engineering Village, retrieving relevant results both from patents and scientific literature.
- EnCompassLIT™ and EnCompassPAT provide targeted scientific literature and patent abstracts specifically for petroleum research.
- Inspec & Inspec Archive comprise an abstracting and indexing database for physics, electrical engineering, electronics, computer science, mechanical, production and manufacturing information. Produced by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), its 11 million specially selected records are precise, targeted and relevant.
- Referex comprises six collections of professionally focused e-books, bringing together key sources of engineering reference material from Petrochemicals, Process, and Materials as well as other engineering disciplines.
Why Engineering Village?
- Intuitive Indexing — Engineering Village records are indexed by discipline-specific thesauri allowing for only relevant records to be returned in a search.
- Cross-publisher, cross-platform searching — Engineering Village searches can be conducted across multiple databases, allowing for broad and aggregated searching.
- Trusted, reliable information sources — Engineering Village content originates from university, corporate, and government sources.
To learn more about Engineering Village and how it can benefit your company visit our website at